About the forum.
The Legal Services Committee, Gujarat National Law University proudly presents the 1st National Interlinking Legal Services Committee Annual Forum to be held from October 03, 2015 to October 04, 2015.
The aim of the Annual Forum is essentially to interlink all Legal Services Committees and Legal Aid Clinics from various National Law Universities and other prominent law universities. This common platform shall result in a common pool of resources and thus, enhance the functioning of the LSCs.
All plenary sessions of the Annual Forum are designed so that the end result of the Annual Forum isn’t just an academic debate but concrete models pertaining to the sessions.
The Annual Forum in its finality shall look forward to successful models being presented and deliberated upon so that each participating centre can learn from the others endeavors. The selected best models shall be presented before all participants and shall conclude the Annual Forum.
The Annual Forum shall result in the creation of a database in the future that gives all the LSCs across the country a platform to share and view the work they have undertaken.
Themes and Associations
- Plenary Session I: Education- Prof Ankur Sarin, Head Public Systems Group and RTE Resource Center IIM Ahmedabad and YUVA UNSTOPPABLE
- Plenary Session II: Child Rights and the Law- UNICEF, Gujarat
- Plenary Session III: Women rights and the Law- Ranjana Kumari, Center for Social Research, Delhi.
- Plenary Session IV: Corporate Social Responsibility – Dr Milind Antani, Partner, Nishith Desai Associates
- Plenary Session V: Drug Abuse- Narcotics Control Bureau, Ahmedabad Division and Surakhsha Setu Society.
- Plenary Session VI: LGBT Rights- Lakshmi Narayan Tripathi, Transgender Rights Activist and Shri Manavendra Singh Gohil, founder of “The Lakshya Trust” for LGBT Rights.
The registration fee is Rs. 1000/- team.
Registration fees once paid shall not be returned under any condition.
No. of participants-The Faculty Convener of the LSC and two student representatives can come, preferably the Student Convener and Student Co-Convener.
The Registration form can be downloaded HERE.
The Payment has to be made in the form of a Demand Draft in the name of ‘Gujarat National Law University’ payable at ‘Ahmedabad’.
The DD can be mailed to us or directly submitted at the time of registration upon arrival at the University premises.
The address to which the DD should be mailed is – To, Mr. Saurabh Anand, Faculty Convener, Legal Services Committee
Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar – 382007
Accommodation shall be on payment basis. The details are as follows:
- Non – AC Rooms – Rs. 500/day
- AC Single Occupancy Rooms – Rs. 1500/day
- AC Double Occupancy Rooms – Rs. 2000/day
- AC Suite – Rs. 2500/day
Last date for confirmation of participation- 1st October, 2015.
Last date payment of Registration Fee- 2nd October, 2015.
For any queries, Kindly contact Akshay Kharbanda, Student Convener Legal Services Committee, Gujarat National Law University at [email protected]