Galgotias University is organizing its 1st Galgotias University Online National Trial Advocacy Competition 2021. Register for the competition by April 15th.
About Galgotias University
Galgotias University is devoted to excellence in teaching, research, and innovation, and to develop leaders who’ll make a difference to the world. The University, which is based in Greater Noida, has an enrolment of over 15,000 students across more than 100 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
About 1st Galgotias University Trial Advocacy Competition 2021
A Trial Advocacy Competition creates a platform for the students where they exhibit the skills that they will need in the future. As our esteemed Dean mentioned, the bread and butter of an advocate are dependent on his ability to build a case, using witnesses and documentary evidence effectively. A Trial Advocacy Competition recreates this atmosphere and allows the students to hone their abilities in this direction.
The competition is open for students who are studying three-year LL.B. or five-year integrated LL.B. course during the current academic year. The college/university must be affiliated with the Bar Council of India.
Team Limit and Composition
- Every college can be represented only by one team consisting of three members. Each team should consist of 2 speakers and one researcher.
- The team composition included in the registration form shall be considered final. Any changes will have to be intimated in the form of an e-mail to tac.gusol[at]gmail.com at the earliest date possible. These requests will only be entertained up to 8 days before the date of registration at the venue. These requests will be entertained only on a case by case basis and a
the decision will be taken by the Trial Advocacy Dispute Redressal Forum (“TADRF”) and their decision will be final.
- The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the court and Court Administrators in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- There shall be a Registration cap of 20 teams, and the registration will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration fees for this competition will be Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees Three Thousand Only) per college per team.
- Teams that are interested in registering will first need to write a mail to tac.gusol[at]gmail.com expressing their interest to participate.
- On receiving a confirmation mail for us, the teams will need to email the soft copy of the documents listed below, to the tac.gusol[at]gmail.com address by 15th April 2021 to complete the registration process.
- Scanned Copy of the duly filled Registration Form.
- Scanned copy of the NEFT Acknowledgement.
For Funds Transfer by NEFT
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Bank Branch: Punjab National Bank, Sector 63, Gautam Buddha Nagar-201301, Uttar Pradesh.
- IFSC (Indian Financial System Code): PUNB0671700
- Account Name: Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh
- Account Number: 6420000100006861
- Release of Problem: 15th March
- Last Date of registration: 15th April 2021
- Last Date of Memorial Submission: 30th April 2021
Moot Court Competition
- Preliminary Rounds: 22nd May 2021
- Semi-Final and Final Rounds: 23rd May 2021
Prizes and Awards
Honorarium as Prize Money to Winner, Runner up, Best Memorial and Best Speaker
- Winner Team: Rs. 40,000
- Runner Up Team: Rs. 30,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 10,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000
- Best Researcher: Rs. 10,000
Total Prize Amount: Rs. 1,00,000 (One Lakh)
- Kalrav Krishna Tripathi, Convener (Trial Advocacy Committee),
Assistant Professor of Law, School of Law, Galgotias University.
Email ID: kalrav.tripathi[at]galgotiasuniversity.edu.in
- Vaishnavi Kumari (Student Convener)
Email ID: tvaishnavi138[at]gmail.com
Contact No: 9123406964
Join 70,000 law students. Receive only the posts you want.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.