About the Organisation
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
Association of Indian Universities is an organisation and association of major universities in India. It is based in Delhi. It evaluates the courses, syllabi, standards, and credits of foreign Universities pursued abroad and equates them in relation to various courses offered by Indian Universities.
About the Moot
The 1st AIU National Moot Court Competition is the first edition of the National Moot Court Competition that is being organised under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities, with RGNUL, Patiala being the host university for this edition.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab – 147006
Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree course in any institution in India. Students doing their LL.M. and Diploma courses are not eligible for participation. Only 1 team can register for the Competition from a University.
14th – 16th February 2020
All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by sending a duly filled Registration Form (Annexure-I) by email to aiumoot[at]gmail.com on or before 6th January 2020.
Only 42 would be allowed to participate in the competition. In case of a higher number of registration, selection would be done on the basis of Memorial Evaluation round.
|The last date for registration||6th January 2020|
|Last date for seeking clarifications||7th January 2020|
|Last date for submission of soft copy||20th January 2020|
|Last date for submission of hard copy||23rd January 2020|
|Result of the memorial evaluation||27th January 2020|
|Opening of payment link||27th January 2020|
|Date of competition||14th- 16th February 2020|
The following awards shall be awarded in the Competition: Awards
- The Team winning the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy and a cash prize of INR 30,000/- (Indian Rupees Thirty Thousand Only).
- The runners up team in the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy and a cash prize of INR 20,000/- (Indian Rupees Twenty Thousand Only).
- iThe team standing third in the semi-final rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 8,000/- (Indian Rupees Eight Thousand Only).
- The team standing Fourth in the semi-final rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only).
- The speaker has the highest score in the preliminary rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only).
- The team having the highest average written submission score from both sides shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only)
- The participant having the highest score in the researcher’s test shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only).
All clarifications and communication can be made to the following e-mail address: aiumoot[at]gmail.com. Furthermore, the contact details of the Student Conveners are provided below.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.