NALSAR is hosting the 15th edition of the NALSAR – Justice B.R. Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2022, in collaboration with the Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Trust.
About the Organizers
The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research is a National Law University located in Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Established in 1998.
About the Competition
NALSAR has previously organized several premier moot court competitions and has witnessed the participation of the brightest brains in law schools around the country. In keeping with this tradition, the university is organizing the 15th edition of the NALSAR-Justice B.R. Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition in collaboration with the Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Trust.
In the last edition, we hosted Hon’ble Justice (Retd.) K.G. Balakrishnan, former Chief Justice of India as our chief guest for the Valedictory Ceremony, and Mr. Vivek K. Tankha, Sr. Advocate Supreme Court of India and Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha is our Opening Ceremony Chief Guest.
NALSAR hosted Hon’ble Dr. Justice Pushpendra Singh Bhati, Hon’ble Dr. Justice (Retd.) Bharat Bhushan Parsoon, Senior Advocate Vibha Datta Makhija and Senior Advocate V. Mohana as Judges for the Final Round of the moot adding fame to the competition.
This year’s moot will be held in an offline format from October 14 to 16, 2022.
- The moot is open to all the students currently enrolled in LLB undergraduate degree courses (3 years/ 5 years).
- An institution can send an official team(s) representing the institution. (Registration of institution)
- No more than one team may represent an institution.
- A team is not permitted to have members from more than one institution.
- The link to the Google form for registration is given at the end of the post.
- All the teams shall be required to pay INR 6500 via online bank transfer before August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST) to register for Stage 1, i.e. Memorial Evaluation Rounds.
- Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the moot on or before August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
The account details for the payment are:
- Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, NALSAR
- Bank Name: Indian Bank
- Branch Name: Shameerpet
- Account No: 418454214
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S166
August 25, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- Winners: Cash Prize of INR 50,000/-, and a trophy.
- Runner-Up: Cash Prize of INR 25,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Speaker: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Second Best Speaker: Cash Prize of INR 7,500/-.
- Best Memorial Appellant: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Memorial Respondent: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Second Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 7,500/-.
- For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or write at [email protected]
- Regarding Moot Procedure and Proposition:
- Bhavya Adhana, Moot Court Committee: Ph. +91 84477 81602
- Mayank Kumar, Moot Court Committee: Ph. +91 97084 32747
- Regarding Accommodation and Travel:
- Mayank Kumar, Core OC; Ph. +91 97084 32747
- Nupur Barman, OC Member; Ph. +91 73400 69119
- Kshipra Shukla, OC Member; Ph. +91 97522 02424
- General Queries and Grievances:
- Surbhi Pareek, Head, OC, Ph. +91 94602 48432
- Rishabh Shah, Treasurer, Ph. +91 97991 43100
- Tanvi Chhabra, Core OC, Ph. +91 84270 93164
- Vikrant Saraf, Core OC, Ph. +91 80590 20923