About the Institute and Event
11th NLU Antitrust Law Moot Court Competition, 2020 is being held in association with Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas and knowledge partners SCC Online and Eastern Book Company, under the patronage of the Competition Commission of India.
Over the last nine years, this competition has grown into one of the biggest moot court competitions in India owing to challenging problems and excellent judging. Likewise, it witnesses the participation of some of the best law colleges in the country.
Participants get the opportunity to argue before expert practitioners and academicians, including judges from Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas and the Competition Commission of India.
National Law University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
13th – 15th March 2020.
- Commencement of Registration and Release of the Proposition: January 8, 2020
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications to the Proposition: January 15, 2020
- Release of Clarifications to the Proposition: January 20, 2020
- Last Date of Registration for the Competition: February 1, 2020
- Last Date for Submission of Electronic Copy of the Memorials: March 08, 2020
- Competition Dates: March 13-15, 2020
Students enrolled in an undergraduate law course or its equivalent, conducted by any recognized college/university/institution are eligible to participate in the Competition. Any college/university/institution, whose students fulfil the eligibility criteria or for exceptional circumstances have been deemed by the Organisers to be eligible for this Competition, shall be entitled to send only ONE team to the Competition, subject to the completion of registration formalities as detailed in the ‘Invite’ to the Competition.
Provisional registration, in case the team composition has not been determined, may be done by sending an e-mail confirming participation.
Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to antitrustnlumoot[at]gmail.com.
- Each team may comprise a minimum of two (2) and not more than three (3) members. The team composition may be of two (2) speakers only or of two (2) speakers and one (1) researcher. Once the team composition is communicated to the Organisers, no change in team composition shall be permitted unless the Organisers have approved such change.
- Each team shall prepare ONE memorandum for each side, that is, the Petitioner(s)/Appellant(s) and the Respondent(s). The soft copy of the memoranda must reach the following e-mail address: antitrustnlumoot[at]gmail.com, on or before March 8, 2020 (at or before 2359 hours IST)
- Winning Team: Rupees 45,000
- Runners Up Team: Rupees 30,000
- Best Memoranda: Rupees 7,000
- Best Researcher: Rupees 4,000
- Best Student Advocate: Rupees 6,000
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rupees 4,000
- Best Student Advocate of the Finals: Rupees 4,000
Apart from cash prizes, participants also stand a chance to win prizes sponsored by SCC Online and Eastern Book Company.
For any queries, kindly write to antitrustnlumoot[at]gmail.com or contact any of the following persons:
Arunima Vijay: +91-9571200865, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee
Rajat Sharma: +91-9829530170, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee
Shreya Singh: +91- 9818005885, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee
For further details, click HERE
For the Moot Proposition, Click HERE
For the Rules, Click HERE
For the Official Invitation, Click HERE
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.