RGNUL Punjab’s IPR Centres (CIPAM and CIIPR) are conducting a 1-week National Workshop on IPR’s Relevance and Importance in the Global Era, scheduled for November 22 to 26, 2021 (Online).
About RGNUL Punjab
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006.
The University also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to obtain grant from the (UGC) under Section 12-B of the UGC Act, 1956.
About the Workshop
CIPAM is a professional body under the aegis of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) which ensures focused action on issues related to IPRs and addresses the 7 identified objectives of the policy.
CIPAM assists in simplifying and streamlining of IP processes, apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, commercialization and enforcement.
The University has created 17 Centres for Advanced Studies and Research, which are dedicated in promoting various legal clinics in the field of Law.
About the Workshop
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To raise awareness on the issues of Intellectual property and their violations:
- To Identify educational and social strategies to address the issue.
- To collect, share and develop Innovative responses and best practices for elimination and prevention of violation of intellectual property rights
- To give reecommendations and concrete proposals for action for elimination and prevention of crime related with intellectual property
- To discuss the emerging issues relating to intellectual property.
- Platform: Cisco WebEx
- Expected Audience: Member of the legal fraternity, academicians, research scholars, students and professionals.
- Timings: 2 PM to 4 PM
- Registration: Registration form for the workshop can be found at the end of this post. The registration deadline is November 18, 2021.
- Registration fees: 200/- (Inclusive of GST). Click here for payment.
On the successful completion of the workshop (100% Attendance is mandatory)
- Dr Geetika Walia: +91-9646023882
- Dr Shruti Goyal: +91-9316311531
- Tanisha Singh: +91-9413309117
- Malveka Nautiyal: +91-8958306860
- Nishi Kaur: +91-8777825518
- Kunal Yadav: +91-9958987512