Vacancy for Project Officer at Praja Foundation Delhi
Founded in 1998, Praja Foundation is a Mumbai-based non-partisan voluntary organisation that works towards accountable governance.
Praja Foundation is concentrating on governance issues in Mumbai Municipal Corporation. We have been working with administrative staff members and elected representatives and have an understanding of Municipal Corporation.
There is a severe need for replicating the ‘Praja Dialogue’ in the National Capital territory of Delhi.
The time is ripe for Praja to spread its roots in the region and strengthen the knowledge base of both the citizens and elected representatives’, encourage a dialogue between them, and make the government more accessible and accountable.
The Project Officer will plan and execute all activities related to specific issues of health, education, and crime or civic.
They will be involved in doing related research and analysis of their allocated issues of health, education, and crime or civic which will include filling RTI, collecting data, analyzing it creating various communication and related advocacy work.
Fresher or with 3-5 years experience preferably in the social development sector
1. Graduate or Post graduate in Public Administration or Social work or Political Science or Management or any other social science subject
2. Understanding of Right to Information Act
3. Understanding of political, governance & democratic concepts and working of administration
4. computer skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/ PowerPoint and Internet/Social media
5. English writing skills is a must
6. Competence in articulation (verbal and writing) in English.
7. Self-motivated with a strong sense of commitment to work under minimal supervision.
8. Ability to work in a team
1. Research & Analysis
2. Management and supervision of Praja’s activities to meet overall program and organization goals
3. Handling communication and other outreach activities with Elected representatives, Political Parties, Government departments and NGOs
4. Analyzing expenditure with respect to budget and actual project requirement in terms of efficacy of expenditure
The selected candidate will be based in Delhi.
Remuneration will be commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Please apply with your Curriculum Vitae (please include current and expected salary) to [email protected] by 14th February 2015.
Also log on to the website HERE.Read More