Name of the organization. City
Trilegal, 7th Floor, the Residency, 133/1 Residency Road, Bangalore 560025 T: +91 80 4343 4646. E: [email protected]
Duration of the internship. No. of days/week. Timings
March 1- March 30, 2013. 5 days a week, timings were from 9.30 am to 7:00 pm (sometimes late depending upon work)
How big was the office? Team strength?
The Trilegal Bangalore office is not very huge and houses a team of around 21-25 lawyers.
Application procedure. Internship contact details
Details given on their website.
I had sent an email with my cover letter and resume to their HR head.
Luckily, I had a friend who resided just 2 kms away from the office. But there were many interns who stayed at PG around Residency Road.
First impression. First day, formalities etc.
Interns do not sit separately. I was given a seat amongst the associates and introduced to everyone. I believe this really strengthened the bond between the associates and the interns.
Thereafter, the IT head gave me my login id and password details, and within the next 30 mins I had my first task J
During my Trilegal internship, I mainly researched on matters dealing with Telecom laws and on various legal propositions including:
1. Tests for interpreting a contract;
2. Consequences of a company not filing annual return;
3. Various issues related to foreign direct investment, allotment of land, lease deeds and stamp duty;
4. Registration fee for different states; etc.
Work environment, people
A little serious, but the associates were happy to help when asked.
1. The Lunch: The Trilegal, Bangalore office serves the most amazing and hygienic food.
2. The office coffee: I need my morning coffee, and I was duly served the moment I reached my desk
3. The STIPEND! (However if you got your internship through an internal reference then you will not receive a stipend )
A rather serious work environment makes it lull at times, however, it teaches you a lot.
What did you do to chill? Co-interns, colleagues
Brigade Road and M.G Road are barely 3 kms away.
Infact, nothing in Bangalore is too far. My favorite place would be 13th floor (it’s a restaurant with a view like no other.)
Yes! Rs.15,000/- per month
Anything else you’d like to tell; Biggest lessons
The Trilegal Bangalore internship was a very enriching experience for me. I learnt a lot about law just by researching.
The always helpful associates were form a great part of this learning experience.
The internship opened my eyes to practical, ground-work. Overall a good learning experience.