Symbiosis Law School Pune’s Annual Cultural Festival, Symbhav has returned with its latest edition in 2016 with a whole new bag of events. For the first time in the celebrated history of Symbhav, there shall be a category of events called the Adv. Ram Jethmalani – Symbiosis ADR Tournament, 2016.
This year in Symbhav, the inaugural edition of the Adv. Ram Jethmalani – Symbiosis ADR Tournament shall be hosted by Symbiosis Law School, Pune consisting of Client Counseling, Mediation, Negotiation, Arbitration and Legal Quiz. Apart from the prizes in individual tournaments one college shall also be adjudicated as the Champion of the Adv. Ram Jethmalani – Symbiosis ADR Tournament.
The competition shall contain the following
1. Arbitration Competition: Each team shall consist of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members and shall determine the Speakers beforehand.
The participants shall, having submitted the memorial prior to the competition, shall argue from each side as per the Arbitration Compromis and in accordance with their memorials in the Preliminary Rounds.
There shall be Preliminary, Quarter-Final, Semi-Final and Final Rounds for the competition.
The Registration Fee for Arbitration Competition is Rs. 1000.
2. Client Counselling Competition: Each team shall consist of two members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a Client-actor.
The students are expected to extract the relevant information from the client by conducting an interview, outlining the nature of the problem, and presenting the client with legal means and a range of alternatives to resolve the problem.
The interview with the client is followed by a post-consultation period during which the students, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the course of action.
The Registration Fee for Client Counselling Competition is Rs. 600.
3. Mediation Competition: Each team shall consist of three members. One member shall act as the mediator in each round and the other two shall form an attorney-client team.
The participants shall negotiate the given problem with another team representing the opposite party.
The same will be done with the assistance of two mediators, neither of whom shall belong to the same institution/school as the client-attorney teams.
The Registration Fee for Mediation Competition is Rs. 600.
4. Negotiation Competition: Each team shall consist of two members who will be representing their clients as attorneys in the negotiation competition.
Each team shall construe the negotiations in a reasonable manner with rational inferences.
Each chamber and pool may have a different topic for the Negotiation Simulation ranging from Contracts to Income Tax Law and other areas.
The Registration Fee for Negotiation is Rs. 600.
5. Legal Quiz Competition: Each team shall consist of two members who shall take part in the Legal Quiz.
The Quiz shall have a Preliminary Round, Semi-Final Round and the Final Round.
Teams from the Host College are allowed to participate in the Quiz Competition.
The Registration Fee for the Quiz Competition is Rs. 200.
Prize Money for the ADR Tournament
|Arbitration||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 5,000|
|Mediation||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 5,000||–|
|Negotiation||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 5,000||–|
|Client Counselling||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 5,000||–|
|Legal Quiz||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 5,000||–|
The winner of the ADR Tournament will be given a Champions Trophy (Rolling)
The Brochure of the competition can be found HERE.
For more details, Contact
Vadeendra Joshi (+91- 7709924433)Read More