This is regarding the RAM JETHMALANI NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION to be conducted in Symbiosis Law School, Pune during the annual cultural fest Symbhav ’14.
The events will be held From 21st to 23rd of February, 2014.
The maximum number of teams allowed are 18 in total and only 2 teams are allowed per college and no. of total teams shall be 18.
PRIZE MONEY: Best team: 15,000/- Runner up: 10,000/-
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. VENUE AND DATE: The Competition will be held at Symbiosis Law School, Pune from 21st February – 23rd February, 2014.
2. LANGUAGE: The competition shall be in English.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open for students pursuing three or five year LL.B. Degree Course from any recognized Law College/University. LLM Degree Course students are not eligible to participate. Symbiosis Law School Pune teams are not eligible to participate though cross teams are allowed.
4. TEAM COMPOSITION: Each team shall consist of only two members, both speakers.
5. REGISTRATION: The registration is limited to the first 18 teams. A maximum of two teams are allowed per college. The participants need to fill the Registration Form and send it to [email protected] by February 16th, 2014. The registration fee is Rs. 200 to be paid on the day of the competition.
6. PLEADINGS: Each team shall be assigned a code. The participants shall not state their names or institution during the oral rounds, and must use the team Code. There shall be one preliminary round, a semifinal and a final round.
Oral Rounds: a) Each team will get a total of 20 minutes to present their case in preliminary and semifinal round and a total of 30 minutes in the final rounds. This time will include rebuttal and sur-rebuttal. The division of time per speaker is left to the discretion of the team subject to a minimum of 8 minutes per speaker. The oral arguments should be confined to the issues presented in the memorial.
b) There shall be 4 courtrooms. The top team that has the highest score, from each court room shall qualify for the semi-final rounds.
c) The semifinal rounds shall be knock-out rounds.
d) Memorial scores will not be added to the overall score in any of the rounds. However, the submission of memorials is compulsory for the team to be eligible to participate in the competition.
7. MEMORIALS a) Teams have to prepare memorials for both the sides.
b) The teams must send in advance a soft copy of their memorials by February 17, 2014 [email protected]
c) Delay in submission will render the team ineligible to participate in the Competition.
d) All soft copies must be emailed in MS Word .doc format.
e) The memorials must contain the following sections: i. Cover Page; ii. Table of Contents; iii. Index of Authorities; iv. Statement of Jurisdiction; v. Statement of Facts; vi. Statement of Issues; vii. Summary of Arguments; viii. Arguments Advanced; and ix. Prayer.
f) The memorials must be typed in Times New Roman font, font size 12 with single spacing. The footnotes must be in Time New Roman font, font size 10 with single spacing.
g) Page numbers must be mentioned.
h) Non-compliance of these rules will result into deduction of total marks of the team in the preliminary rounds.
8. SCOUTING Teams shall not be allowed to observe the oral rounds of any other team. Scouting by any team shall result in instant disqualification.
9. AWARDS The competition shall have the following awards, which will be announced in due course: Winning Team, Runners Up.
10. DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL The decision of the judges with respect to the results of the rounds shall be final and undisputable.
11. DISCRETION: The organizers may change the rules and format of the competition, without prior intimation.
For Registrations and the moot court problem
Contact: [email protected]
1. Bhavini Srivastava
Phone No.: 8007831060
E-mail: [email protected]
2 Shreya Mishra
contact: +91 99215 80054
e-mail: [email protected]