- Fellows will be chosen based on quality of guest posts submitted to us over a 6 week period from 14th December, 2012 to 25th January, 2013.
- At least three guest posts per applicant need to be submitted in this 6 week period.
- These guest posts are to be submitted to [email protected] with “fellowship” in the subject line. (important: if “fellowship” is not put in the subject line, the mail may be missed)
- Ability to research
- Critical analysis
- Ability to write succinctly
- Language skills
- All students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- To be considered for the Fellowship, each applicant must submit at least 3 guest posts within the 6 week period from 14th December, 2012 to 25th January, 2013.
- These guest posts must pass our standard editorial check for the blog which include:
- A upper word limit of 900 words per post.
- Clarity of language
- Clear analysis
- Relevance of topic
- Posts on current events will be preferred but conceptual and purely analytical posts will be accepted too.
- If the topic has already been covered on the blog, then the post will not be carried unless it brings in a new angle or overlooked aspect.
Terms and conditions
- Once selected, Fellows will be on a probationary period for the first month (February 2013).
- Fellows will be required to either:
- Write 6 posts per month for 12 months. If notified in advance, this can be reduced to 4 per month during internship periods; and a complete break period for exam durations.; OR
- 5 posts per month for 12 months. If notified in advance, up to 4 weeks can be taken off.
- These posts can be either the Fellow’s own preferred topics so long as they fit within our broader mission statement or can be chosen from a pool of topics open to all members.
- These posts must be a minimum of 350 words per post.
- The fellowship period will begin on February 1st, 2013 and run till January 31st, 2014.
- The stipend will be paid in in 3 parts of Rs 5000 each, payable every 4 months for the duration of the fellowship.
- The Fellows will be selected from the guest posters during the above mentioned 6 week period and will be notified as soon as it ends on 25th January, 2013.
- Based on these submitted guest posts, current SpicyIP team members will decide by consensus to whom the Fellowships will be awarded.
- Once selected, the Fellows will be announced on the blog.
- Up to three Fellows may be selected.
- Once selected, if an applicant does not fulfill or otherwise terminates his obligation before the end of the fellowship period, the fellowship will be considered cancelled.
- The same will be notified on the blog and that applicant will receive no more than what s/he has already received up to that point.
- For the duration of the first month of the fellowship, i.e., February 2013, the Fellow will be on a probationary period and we reserve the right to terminate the fellowship if the candidate is deemed unfit in that period.