First published on 9th September, 2016.
Results of the 2nd Reema Ray Gold Medal Essay Competition in Business Law, 2015:
1. The winner of the Gold Medal is Tanya Choudhary (5th year student, NALSAR University of Law).
The second and third place winners are:
2. Amani Ponnaganti (2nd year student, NALSAR University of Law)
NUJS, in fond memory of Reema Ray, an NUJS alumnus, had instituted the 1st edition of “REEMA RAY GOLD MEDAL ESSAY COMPETITION IN BUSINESS LAW” last year; with an aim to inspire and encourage future students to pursue excellence in business and corporate law studies.
Reema was a student of the second batch of NUJS, and graduated in 2006.
The topic for each annual edition of the competition will be announced on Reema’s birthday, the 27th of May.
The 1st Prize Winner will be awarded the Gold Medal along with Rs. 15,000/- and a certificate. The 2nd and 3rd Prize Winners will get Rs. 8,000/- and 5,000/- respectively, along with certificates.
Additionally ‘special mention’ certificates would be announced on the recommendation of the panel of judges.
The topic for this year is “UNFAIRNESS IN COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS: NEED FOR A RELOOK”.
1. The Competition is open to only undergraduate students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of Universities in India.
2. Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English. Every submission will go through turnitin, and plagiarized entries will be rejected.
3. Every submission must separately contain a C.V. attached in the email and hard copy, stating the details of the author. Co-authorship is not permitted.
4. Essay should not exceed 6,000 words (Arial, font size 11) including footnotes and references.
5. Every submission must follow the NUJS Law Review Citation Style. For more details, please visit HERE.
6. Soft copy of the essay should be submitted by e-mail on email@example.com. Every email containing the entries will have the subject of email as ‘Reema Ray Gold Medal Essay Competition in Business Law – 2015’.
7. The soft copies of the essay should reach on or before
31 July Aug 30 2015 by 11:59 p.m.