First published on January 20.
With the recent demonetization, the whole movement from leather wallets to digital wallets has taken the centre stage of discussion.
The financial industry is primed for massive disruption with the use of technology and the new business models/contenders are:
- Payments with wallets, payment gateways, payment solutions etc.
- Lending via peer-to-peer lending, crowd funding, digital credit, loan market places etc.
- Personal finance with investment, insurance, and money management advise.
In order to encourage research and analysis, NovoJuris Legal is bringing forth this topical competition on Fintech.
The competition aims to provide a platform for students of law, to express their views on the various critical legal and regulatory issues surrounding this fast-growing industry segment.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION: LEATHER WALLET TO MOBILE WALLET- LEGAL CHALLENGES
The following sub-themes have been identified as requiring academic consideration in the Indian context:
- Cash to Cashless – The Blend of Commerce and Digitisation
- A New Approach – Traditional Banking versus Payments Banks
- Reliance on Technology – Is Financial Sector Safe?
1st Prize: INR 10,000 and Internship at NovoJuris Legal
2nd Prize: INR 8,000 and Internship at NovoJuris Legal
3rd Prize: INR 6,000 and Internship at NovoJuris Legal
About NovoJuris Legal
NovoJuris Legal is an innovative new age law firm working in the areas of private equity, fund formation, cross-border transactions, foreign exchange matters, M&A including reverse mergers, demergers and the like, business structuring, intellectual property, real-estate, employment laws, technology laws, start-ups, accelerators, mediations and settlements.
Our technology practice is in a wide range of verticals such as drones, artificial intelligence, bots, bitcoins, fintech, healthtech, edtech, cloud, big data and analytics, numerous mobile apps, e-commerce, data centres, etc.
Full details are here.