The Gender justice cell and Cell for studies in media law, National Law Institute University, Bhopal is organizing a National Seminar on Gender Issues in Media on the 12th and 13th of December.
The Cells recognize that there is a need for legal reforms and community sensitization regarding gender issues in media. These issues, though obvious, have gone unaddressed till now.
In light of increased crimes against women and the underlying patriarchy of the Indian society, we believe that such a seminar is imperative to provide a platform for experts, academicians, researchers, students and other like-minded people to come together and discuss the problems at hand, the possible solutions and the strategies for executing the same.
The sub themes are:
- Balancing gender portrayal by artists vis a vis the freedom of speech and expression
- Portrayal of gender in media and its role in promoting gender violence in real life.
- Scarcity of women at top level positions in media institutions.
- Developing transgender identity through media and law.
- How “male gaze” in media perpetuates unhealthy body image in women in real life.
- Any other sub theme relevant to the issue.
Dates and details of submission:
The presentation of paper is spanned over two days, the 12th and 13th of December 2015.
Last date of submission for papers is 5th of November.
- The submissions may be emailed to [email protected] in Microsoft Word (.doc or. docx) format.
- The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with affiliation.