EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a reader’s review. The opinions expressed are that of the person concerned and NOT of Lawctopus. Do send in your law school reviews by filling this form.
Full name of student
Full name of your law school
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
Which semester are you in?
Faculty and Academics at NUJS Kolkata
Usually, classes begin from 9:30, on most days they are over by 3:30/4:30, with a lunch break of 30 minutes. Class timings are regular, with many teachers being liberal enough to extend the compulsory five minute gaps between classes.
Course is pretty flexible, with 15 elective papers and dozens of optional courses being offered in varied fileds , third year onwards.
Teachers are mostly good, however, there is a need to make teaching more involving and less monotonous.
Student Culture and Activities
Intensive. NUJS has an excellent mooting culture. They have a very active moot society.
They participate in PDs, quizes etc and organise them frequently.
Students are the biggest asset of the college
Hot spots in college:
Pool of justice, library, mess, canteen, conference room.
Hot spots outside college: Princep Ghat, Mani Square Mall, Nicco Park and BiologicaG garden.
Placements at NUJS Kolkata
RPC is able to garner companies, firms and PSU, like Vodafone, Amarchand Mangaldas, ONGC, BPCL, Raju Ramachandran, Parekh and Associates.
Almost 100 per cent placement, with almost 100 plus people from every batch being placed.
Administration and Fees
The administration is good. However, they need to be more efficient.
There is a need to ensure that the administration pays greater heed to student grievances and takes measures to deal with them immediately.
There is also a need to ensure that course modules are made available sooner.
The fees is on a slighter upper end- almost 1.2 lakhs per semester, which needs to be moderated.
There is also a complete absence of cohesion between the various offices and employees under the Academic Registrar of NUJS.
Good things about NUJS
2. Time to pursue other passions
3. Teachers are friendly
4. Seniors are super cool
5. Its in the middle of the city, so enjoyment avenues are maximum
6. Alumni group is pretty strong.
Bad things about NUJS Kolkata
1. Bad infrastructure
2. Cut throat competition
3. Favoritism amongst RPC (Recruitment and Placement Committee).
4. College administration not very efficient
No nothing. questionnaire is pretty relevant.
Tell us about the infrastructure of your college
1. The NUJS Building is around 15 years old. Maintenance is above average.
2. Classrooms are slightly big,with a/c’s being recently installed. However, lighting is a bit of an issue, with no access to fresh air, except when the doors are kept open.
3. Hostels at NUJS are not very spacious, but are in the campus itself, which helps in movement and access to academic block and the library.
4. Mess and canteen are pretty well maintained but need to be a little more spacious to accommodate more students
5. Library is excellent. Varied and expansive books, of established authors are immensely helpful.
6. Gardens and other nature related amenities, especially the cess pool and the “pool of justice” need immediate work.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a reader’s review. The opinions expressed are that of the person concerned and NOT of Lawctopus. Do send in your law school reviews by filling this form.Read More