KING’S COLLEGE LONDON SUMMER SCHOOL
Venue: MIRANDA HOUSE, UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
Dates: 3 to 28 June 2013
Miranda House is pleased to host King’s College London Summer School in June 2013.
King’s College London is one of the top 30 universities of the world (2012/13 QS World University rankings.) Four independent courses will be taught by accomplished faculty from King’s in two sessions, each of two-week duration.
Session I: 3 to 14 June 2013
Session II: 17 to 28 June 2013
Module 1: International Relations
Tutor: Dr Diana Bozhilova
Module 2: Media, Gender and Culture
Tutor: Rachel O’Neill
Module 3: International Political Economy
Tutor: Dr Gonzalo Pozo Martin (TBC)
Module 4: E-Business-The Online Entrepreneur
Tutor: Michael Bedward
Timings: Monday to Friday, 09.30 am to 04.00 pm.
King’s College London is renowned for the range of popular short courses it offers at its International Summer School in London.
Building on last year’s successful Mumbai Summer School, King’s will be extending the programme to Delhi as well for the first time.
The Delhi Summer School is being organized in collaboration with Miranda House, University of Delhi; and Think Education, an educational organization which works to create opportunities for promising students worldwide.
- All applicants must have at the minimum successfully completed their Grade 12 examinations.
- To apply for the programme all undergraduate students are required to have completed at least a year’s university level study. They need to have a high cumulative University grade (equivalent to 60% in their most recent final examination) and meet the minimum English language requirement as set by King’s.
- However, even if the minimum grades are not met, in some cases it will be possible to accept slightly lower grades, depending on the strength of the application as a whole.
- Also, a mature student who has been out of education for a while but has relevant professional experience may apply. Kindly refer to the application form for more details.
- Students from all colleges are encouraged to apply.
At least three scholarships will be given to outstanding students in the form of full tuition-fee waiver and accomodation to attend the London-based Summer School.
- Seats for each course are limited.
- Students may apply to more than one course, giving their preference.
- It is permissible to apply for a course in each of the two sessions.
- Interested students are encouraged to register for the course early by sending an application in the format given below to the Summer School Secretariat at Miranda House.
- Closing date of application : 7th May, 2013
The fee for each two-week course is Rs. 25,000, payable by demand draft or cheque drawn in favour of “Centre of Innovative Learning” payable at Mumbai. This can be attached to the application and submitted at the Miranda House King’s Summer School Secretariat on any working day between 10.00 am to 3.00 pm.
Refunds and cancellations:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your application the following conditions apply:
- Please inform of any cancellations in writing
- For such cancellations received 25 days before the course start date Tuition Fees will be refunded as paid
- For such cancellations received by the College less than 25 days before no refund will be made.
Find out more:
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: International-Programmes, King’s College, London
Web link is here.
For further details, contact:
King’s Summer School Secretariat ( Office of P.A. to The Principal )
Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007
Website: www.mirandahouse.ac.in/summerschool2013/ (to be launched soon)
Download Application Form here.
Privacy Statement is here.
Information on this page is correct at this current time and may be subject to change or King’s academic approval.Read More