Are you looking for a very steep learning curve in a fast-paced, innovative team of legal counselors? Come take pride being with NovoJuris.
We are looking for talented freshers (prefer about 1 year experience though) for our rapidly evolving and expanding Technology Practice Group to be based out of Mumbai and Private Equity Practice Group to be based out of Bangalore.
Technology Practice Group:
You will serve as an Associate, primarily responsible for counseling the new, emerging, growth businesses on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions.
You will work with directly with the business ably supported by Senior Associate and team, serving as a strong counsel on strategic deals, helping launch new products and services, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships and inquiries.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, technology, digital media and regulatory compliance and structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated licensing, technology, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements.
Position is based in Mumbai and some travel will be required.
Skills: Competence in a broad range of technology, media, IP, corporate and business laws is required.
Education: LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India. 1 year work experience is preferred.
Private Equity Practice Group:
An Associate position primarily responsible for supporting private equity deals, many regulatory matters, structuring and drafting, negotiating investment agreements. You will work with the Senior Associates serving as a strong support in closing of investment process where time is a luxury.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in Companies Act, FEMA, DIPP, Employment matters, due-diligence and a wide range of other associated legal areas. This position is based in Bangalore.
Skills: Should love and know a great deal about Companies Act and FEMA.
Education: LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India. Pursuing or completed Company Secretaries course is definitely an advantage. 1 year work experience is preferred.
1. Reliability, dependability: Works hard and does what it takes to get results and meets deadlines. Takes accountability and works well in a cross functional team.
2. Writing, speaking and listening effectively: Writes, speaks and presents information effectively, clearly and with brevity. Communicates to improve understanding, decision-making and performance. Understands the value of listening to others. Thinks before speaking. Probes to understand and confirms understanding of what is heard. Encourages others to speak.
3. Composure: Handles unexpected events calmly. Successfully copes with unintended consequences. Helps co-workers thrive in stressful situations. Identifies and manages stress due to lack of control. Acts with the highest level of professionalism and maturity.
4. Dealing with ambiguity: Able to function well in loosely structured situations. Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information. Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time. Is open to and responds flexibly to change.
5. Open communication: Willing to ask and honestly answer the tough questions. Treats others’ opinions with respect. Fosters open communication and candid discussions. Shares information that helps others do their job well. Keeps others in the loop.
6. Client perspective: Able to assess broader and deeper impact of decisions. Focuses on what is right for the client – not just what is best for the group, project or self. Does not act in ways that sub-optimize for the overall business of the client.
Apply with your CV and cover letter [email protected]Read More