Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
State Legal Service Authority (SLSA), Chandigarh, 20-30 students
Application Process with contact details
My internship was fixed up by the internship cell of my department (UILS), I had mailed them my CV.
1. Get SLSA’s e-mail id
2., Mail them the respective CV along with HOD’s permission letter
Email: [email protected]
Duration of internship and timings
2nd July-2nd August (2014)
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
The first session was our Orientation session where we were briefed about what legal aid is and what state legal state authority actually deals with.,
We were informed about the schedule that we were going to follow during the Course of the internship.
The Judge and The law Officer of SLSA, Chandigarh interacted with us and it was a great experience all together.
The infrastructure is very simple.
There is a room, for the judge and a room where the matters were settled which we were allowed to witness.
In whole, a great environment.,
1. We were made to go to Lok Adalat, Mediation center and various surveys.
2. We had to collect information and spread awareness about free legal aid during the survey
3. We witnessed mediation taking place
4., Visit to Burail Jail
5. Delivered lectures in various schools on topics like ‘FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND DUTIES’, ‘ EVE TEASING’,etc.
6. Prepare a report of the internship tasks and experience
Work environment and people
The work environment is brilliant. The Law officer, Rajeshwar Sir is really supportive and sweet.,
Working experience was great.
The internship in whole was an amazing experience. Coming to the best of thing :
1. Visit to the Old Age Home and Orphanage
2. Attending Mediation sessions
3. Delivering lectures in various schools
4. Going for surveys
5. Visit to Burail Jail
No bad things.
1, Knowledge about legal aid
2. Knowledge on topics, we delivered lectures on
3. The field work surveys gave more knowledge in regard to the practical implementation of law.
Any Other Thing
One must intern at SLSA.
Resident of a hostel in Panjab University.
The timings were quite flexible, we were made to stay till the necessary time.
Usually, from 9:30 or 10 am to 3-4 p,m.