Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Sanjeev Singh and Associates, New Delhi.
You will have to send an email on the companies email id [email protected]
You can also apply on their website. Make sure you send a cover letter along with your updated CV attached in the mail. Also if you know anyone in the firm you may be able to get an internship.
Duration of internship and timings
14th June, 2015 – 15th August, 2015.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
First day I reached the office at 10 am in the morning. Its a small cozy little office in a huge basement. I realized that nobody came so early in the morning and everyone were sent to different courts allotted to them.
Around afternoon all the people were back and I met Mr. Sanjeev Singh, who took a brief interview and then told me to report to Mr. Satish sir. I was then given the files for next day’s cases at Saket Court.
I realized that it was compulsory for everyone in the office to wear white shirt and black pant with a black coat. You are also served with tea or coffee twice a day.
1. The main tasks involved going to courts on daily basis wherever you are assigned to go and it may be Saket court, Patiala court, High court, DRT court or any consumer tribunals in the city.
2. Also when you are back in the office you have to report about the matters to Mr. Satish and also put the next date in the office diary.
3. Drafting various petitions, suits and arbitration cases.
Work environment and people
The work environment is good and friendly with all people willing to help you and guide you in each and every manner. There are various Munishi’s who will work with you and assist you. Mr. Vinod is the steno of the office who is a very jolly fellow who will always try and crack jokes.
Mr. Bhat is also a very nice person who is responsible for all arbitration matters and drafting. He is a very sensible and kind fellow who will help you in drafting.
1. You get to handle independent matters in various courts such as High court, Saket court, Patiala court or DRT.
2. You can learn a lot since there are ample opportunities to draft various cases as well as handle them on your own.
3. The company has various bank panels so you can learn all about various execution cases related to non banking financial corporations.
4. Also there is no work load and pressure to complete your work.
Sometimes you maybe sent to a court without any sort of knowledge or briefing about the case and you end up running the case or maybe getting a date .So whenever you go for a case you must read the file and ask for any doubts.
The lessons which are to be learnt are whenever you go to any such jobs or internships you should be smartly dressed in formals. You should be patient and try and mix with people in order to learn new things.
Initially it is very important to learn all the miscellaneous things related to courts. It is important that in such litigation firms you should keep good relations with the munshi’s as they will help you a lot.
Any Other Thing
If you want to go for litigation and need a start, this firm is the best where you have a lot to learn.Read More