JAGORI is instituting an ongoing volunteer internship programme which enables young women’s rights activists and researchers to gain experience and contribute to JAGORI’s mission of advancing women’s rights.
Interns should commit to a minimum four month-period in order to gain valuable exposure to a wide range of women’s human rights issues in the country. Former Interns with JAGORI have enjoyed being with JAGORI.
1. Policy research relevant to women’s rights and feminist practices
2. Assistance in writing reports, discussion papers and presentations
3. Support in-country and regional, international advocacy efforts
4. Support coordination on various projects and work as a team member with Project Coordinators
5. Assist in administrative and project coordination work.
1. Demonstrate commitment to women’s rights
2. Demonstrate good research, analytic thinking and writing skills
3. Possess minimum a bachelors degree and/or advance degree in social sciences; economics, law, human rights or women’s studies
4. The internship will be considered for a minimum period of four months upto a maximum period of one year
5. Good written and oral communication skills in English, and working knowledge of Hindi Ability to work in a team, take initiative and manage priorities in diverse settings and environment
Interested applicants should submit the following:
a. Cover letter
c. A letter of reference (from your teacher/professor/former employer)
d. Sample of published/unpublished paper/report/article on women’s rights and/or feminist struggles written by applicant.
JAGORI will not be able to offer any stipend and can at best cover local travel costs for field and other related visits.
JAGORI will offer a working space for the internship.
Send your complete application to Neetu Routela at [email protected]
For more information, please visit HERE.
The opportunity was posted HERE.Read More