Name of Organisation, Location
Lall and Sethi Advocates, New Delhi
It is extremely difficult to get an internship with Lall and Sethi.
I applied for four semesters continuously and my application was completely ignored.
The only way, in my opinion was to call them repeatedly.
Apply on their WEBSITE.
The number I called on and asked for the HR was :-011-4289 9999 ; 011 – 4289 9900.
I did this internship in my 2nd year and I mailed my CV and cover letter on [email protected]
Their HR is sort of laid back and I would advise all applicants to pursue their application telephonically every week.
Duration of internship and timings
Lall and Sethi offers two internship programs – 2 weeks and 4 weeks.
Despite pursuing their HR quite actively, they could squeeze me in for only 2 weeks.
So, I interned from 16th May to 2nd June.
The timings were 10 (or 10:30) to 7:30.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
First impression – I was awestruck!
This was my first firm internship and boy was the office swanky!
The Lall and Sethi interns are given their own desk with a system or laptop to work on.
The office was fully air conditioned with nice interiors.
First day is supposed to be the day when all interns re given just some basic reading on IP Law.
So not much work on the first day.
You will be taught to how to use the file sharing system but not much on the first day.
1. Reading and summarizing investigative reports.
2. Researching a on various points of law pertaining to either copyright or trademark law.
3. You may be asked to draft ‘cease and desist’ notices and responses to those notices.
4. Visiting court and watch proceedings.
5. Maybe asked to visit different warehouses/depos and take pictures of the labels on a particular consignment to figure out if they are counterfeit or not.
Work environment and people
Associates at Lall and Sethi were very sweet and approachable.
It would mostly be junior associates who would assign tasks and they do have a lot of work, all you have to do is ask.
The manner in which you want to work is also sort of upto you ; you can be “chilled out” or work very hard.
You’ ll get work if you ask for it.
1. A really posh office.
2. Good canteen upstairs which provides cheap food.
3. Interesting , non traditional work as opposed to corp work which can get tiresome.
4. You get to learn a lot about IPR.
5. Amazing location: Since the office is in South Ex II you have malls , a McDonalds is very nearby and so is Defence Colony.
1. Annoying application process.
2. Sometimes you may get assigned boring work like looking for a particular case on Manupatra.
2000 for 2 weeks, 4000 for 4.
Its good to try something different.
IPR is a really upcoming field and it would probably be better to work in a specialised IP boutique like Lall and Sethi than an IPR department of a firm.
Any Other Thing
They are not plagued by an NLU bias so everyone stands pretty much equal chance of getting it.Read More