Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Yash Varmani, Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, 2nd Year
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Chambers of Advocate Kabir Dixit, AoR, Supreme Court of India.
You may send a connection request to Kabir Sir on LinkedIn and if accepts it, you send your CV to his email ID or contact him via LinkedIn.
Duration of internship and timings
8th August, 2016 – 31st August, 2016.
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
1. Sir himself takes you for a short chat and asks you for what you want to do in life.
2. No other formalities as such.
1. Learn, learn, learn.
2. This is one internship where the focus would be on quality and not quantity. If you are researching, the research has to be to the point and submitted to him only after digging deep. If you are drafting, he will make you re-draft it till the time your draft speaks of itself.
Work environment and people
1. Sir, the Associate and his Clerk are all very friendly.
2. Especially Sir, he interacts with the interns and is always available to answer your queries, be it the issue at hand or Law as a career.
1. Sir behaves like a teacher, rather than a Lawyer.
2. Make sure to don’t waste his time, he is pretty busy himself, but if you work hard and are facing some genuine query, he will make sure that your query is solved.
3. Drafting Legal Documents and the art of how to draft a perfect application.
4. He also teaches you as to how to get to the bottom of each case and be prepared about everything to avoid embarrassment in Court.
Office on Violet Line, only issue being the travel time.
1. Get to the root of every matter you deal with.
2. Work hard enough to make sure that when you argue, the Judges praise you even if you are fighting for a lost cause.
3. Don’t worry about the initial struggle, success isn’t far away.
The Chamber is in Jangpura, whereas I live in West Delhi. It is 1 hour travel time each side.
10-7:30, however, you may also opt for part- time internship which would be after lunch i.e. 2- 7:30. The timings are not strict.Read More