Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced an internship program named as “MHRD Internship Scheme -2014” for Indian Nationals pursuing Graduation/ Post Graduation/ Research Studies in a recognized University/Institution within India or abroad.
The scheme will be started from October 1 , 2014.
The scheme intends to allow young students, who are most important among stakeholders, to be associated with the Ministry in formulation of policies, implementation of projects and various initiatives in Education Sector for mutual benefits.
Duration of the HRD Ministry Internship
Internship shall be offered initially for two months only and extendable up to six months, if required, in individual cases. No stipend shall be paid for extended period.
There shall be 6 batches of internship of two month each [i.e. October-November (Batch-I), December-January (Batch-II), February-March (Batch-III), April-May (Batch-IV), June-July (Batch-V) and August-September (Batch-VI).
MHRD internship eligibility
1. The applicant should be a citizen of India.
2. She/he should be pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research in Education, Social Sciences, Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering, ICT, Law from any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad.
3. Students pursuing three/ four year programme should have at least completed two years (four semesters) of course and those pursuing five year integrated programme should have completed three years (six semesters).
Rs.10, 000 (Rupees Ten Thousand Only) per month shall be paid to an intern after successful completion of internship.
A certificate shall be issued to an intern on successful completion of his/her internship by Administration Division on the basis of recommendation of the concerned Bureau Head.
How to Apply for the HRD Ministry Internship
1. Interested applicants pursuing course of studies at various recognized Universities/Institutions may send their applications in the enclosed proforma [Annexure-I] along with their CV.
2. Applicant should specifically mention the specific Batch for which she/he wishes to undertake internship.
3. Applications may be sent by post so as to reach Section Officer (Establishment-IV), Room No.235, C-Wing, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi-110 115 by 30th August, 2014 [5.30 P.M.] by applicants who intends to undertake internship in Batches I-III [October 2014 – March 2015] and by 28th February, 2015 [5.30 P.M.] by applicants who intends to undertake internship in Batches IV-VI [April 2015 to September 2015].
Alternatively, application may also be sent by email to harjeet[dot]edu[at]nic[dot]in
4. Internship applicants are required to produce a letter from their supervisor/Head of Department/Principal indicating their status in the institution and also conveying “No Objection” for allowing their student to undergo internship programme for the period for which s/he is selected. In case, the tenure of internship is extended beyond two months, a separate “No Objection” will have to be submitted by the intern.
5. Applicant will submit a Character Certificate from Head of their Institutions/Department/Guide before taking up internship
The official call for applications for interns can be accessed on the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s website HERE.