Greenpeace International is a non-profit organisation, with a presence in 40 countries across Europe, America, Asia and the Pacific.Greenpeace exists because the earth and all life on it deserves a clean and safe environment – now and in the future.
Greenpeace India has been working on various issues related to the environment since 2001.Over the years Greenpeace India has built a strong base of supporters spread across the country.
To maintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants.
The role of a Fundraiser is to raise awareness about Greenpeace Campaigns to people on the street, at public places, offices, on phone and at their homes and inspire them to contribute funds and become financial supporters of Greenpeace.
- Develop an understanding of Greenpeace campaigns.
- Make presentations and calls and explain Greenpeace campaigns to members of the public in a clear and interesting way.
- Meet set income targets by signing paid-supporters for Greenpeace.
By joining the Greenpeace Fundraising team you get to learn about environmental issues and help Greenpeace remain proudly independent to continue its work for safe and green planet. You get to work with a team of committed and fun loving people.
- An opportunity to learn about environmental problems and solutions and raise awareness amongst the public
- An opportunity to be trained in expert fundraising skills.
- A chance to be part of a global environmental organization
- Excellent career prospects with opportunity to travel around the country
- A chance to work with a team of like-minded fun loving group
- Ability to talk and listen to people and build rapport with a wide range of people
- Keen desire to learn on the job and Greenpeace Campaigns
- Energy and drive to inspire people and promote Greenpeace
- Ability to work towards fundraising targets, accept and implement feedback
We would prefer the internship to begin by 25th May 2014, for a minimum period of 1 month, but the position may be open beyond that.
Please note that the intern will be required to work out of Chennai, India for the entire duration of internship.
If you are interested, please send a CV and letter of interest to [email protected]
For those who wish to begin in June, kindly send in your applications by 20th May 2014. For later periods, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
+91 72999 61559