Banaras Hindu University in collaboration with The Centre For Consumer Studies, Indian Institute Of Public Administration, New Delhi is organising a Two-Day Seminar on “Legal Protection of Consumers in Global Economy: Recent Approaches and Way Forward“.
Chief Patron‐ Dr. Lalji Singh (Padmashri), Hon’ble Vice‐Chancellor, BHU.
Patrons‐ Prof. B. C. Nirmal, Head & Dean, Faculty of Law, BHU & Director, National Seminar
Prof. Suresh Mishra, Chair Professor, (Consumer, aﬀairs) and Coordinator, Center for Consumer studies, IIPA, New Delhi
Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University
The Seminar will focus on following Issues/Sub‐themes:
1. Legal Protection of Consumers: National and International Perspective
2. Globalization, Indian Market and the Consumers
3. E‐commerce and Consumer Protection in Online Medium
4. Intellectual Property Rights and Consumer Protection
5. Legal Protection of Rural Consumers
6. Consumer Protection Legislations and the Problems of their Implementation
7. Food Safety and Standard
8. False and Misleading Advertisements
9. Consumer Protection and the Service Sectors Including Telecom, Banking, Insurance, Electricity, Medical and Educati on etc.
10. Media and the Consumer
11. Consumer Awareness, Education and the Role of NGOs
12. Consumer Protection Act, 1986/Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2011 ﬁed issues/sub‐themes are only illustra
Fees and Registration
Up to March 20, 2014: A nominal fee of Rs.800/‐ is ﬁxed for all delegates (Accompanying Guest‐Rs. 600/‐).
After March 20, 2014: Rs. 1200/‐ for all delegates (Accompanying Guest‐ Rs. 1000/‐).
Payment may be made by cheque or Demand Draft in favour of “NS Law School BHU” payable at Varanasi.
Call for Papers
Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from academicians, research scholars and students are invited for presentation on in the National Seminar subject to selection by Academic Program Committee.
Communication of acceptance will be sent to selected authors for presentation.
Only participants present in the seminar premises will be issued their certiﬁcates.
Co‐authorship is allowed but it is limited to two co‐authors.
Each co‐author is required to register and pay the registration fees individually.
Guidelines for submission of Papers
Text paper should be written in hard as well as soft copy (in MS Word, Font: Times New Roman, 12 Font size, 1.5 line spacing & in 02 copies).
The abstract (in maximum two hundred words) must reach Organizing Secretary, National Seminar On “Legal Protection of Consumers in a Global Economy‐ Recent Approaches and the Way Forward”, Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi‐221005 latest by February 28, 2014.
The full paper must be submitted latest by March 15, 2014.
Faculty of Law will arrange accommodation for the delegates on ﬁrst come ﬁrst serve basis subject to availability of rooms.
Prof. Sibaram Tripathy (Mob. 09935940424)
2. Accommodation Committee
Dr. R.K.Patel (Mob. 9473760774)
For more details please view the Brochure HERE.
For registration Form, click HERE.