CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS welcomes contributions for the first issue of the Environment and Society Journal that is scheduled to be released in fall, 2013.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The Environment, Law and Society Journal (ELSJ) is a student-edited journal published by the Centre for Environment and Law of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies. Kochi.
The journal aims to provide an active forum that inspires academics, researchers, students, judges and practitioners to express and share their experiences and opinions on themes relating to the interface of environment, law and society.
Through this effort, the Journal also hopes to fill the lacunae relating to the academic debate on environmental issues among legal circles.
We welcome submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (between 6000-8000 words including footnotes)
Articles should provide a sustained analysis of various legal topics. It could be doctrinal or empirical and should comprehensively deal with relevant literature on the chosen subject to formulate viable assertions.
- Short Notes (3000-5000 words including footnotes)
Short notes should be shorter versions of articles which should indicate a central thesis and argument flowing throughout the piece. The nature of the note should be analytical and descriptive and should mainly deal with contemporary developments.
- Book Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes)
Book Reviews may be solicited and unsolicited pieces which critically examine a book released within the two years preceding the release of the current issue of the ESLJ.
The book review shall entail an examination of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, extent of analysis and tenability.
Book Reviews shall describe the subject of the review clearly, including the name of the book, the name of the author, the name of the publisher, the date of publication, and, the edition number if applicable.
- Case Comments/Legislative Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes)
Case Comments/Legislative Reviews maintained in tandem with the latest legal developments in India. The author can choose a relevant and recent case or legislation (Central or State) to assess critically.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- All works must be original, undistributed and unpublished. The research papers should not be plagiarized wholly or in part from any sources.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- Submissions should adhere to the following format:
MAIN TEXT: Font – Arial; Font size -12; Spacing –Double; Alignment –Justified; Margin – One inch on all sides.
FOOTNOTES: Font – Arial; Font size -10; Spacing – Every Footnote shall be single spaced, but there shall be double spacing between two different Footnotes
- The Submissions should not contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
- References should be footnoted in Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition format.
- Co-authored papers / Papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than TWO authors.
- The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the write up, followed by the author’s name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author’s name below the title of the paper.
- Contributors are required to provide details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers and email address.
- The Selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of a contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it.
- An editorial board shall be set up by Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
- An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the author within two-three weeks of the submission of their papers.
- The copyright in the individual articles shall at all times remain vested in contributors and NUALS, Kochi shall hold copyright over all published materials.
- The submission deadline is 31st August 2013.
- For queries, please send a mail to email@example.com.
- Further details regarding the journal can be accessed on the webpage.