The Indian Journal of International Economic Law is now accepting submissions for its upcoming issues – Volume 8 (1) and 8 (2).
The Indian Journal of International Economic Law (IJIEL) is a law journal published by National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU) under the patronage of the Indian government sponsored chair on WTO Law.
The Journal is oriented towards publishing academic work that considers the legal issues in the field of international economic law from a comparative perspective and/or the perspective of the developing world.
The IJIEL accepts academic submissions in the form of articles, notes, comments or book reviews.
IJIEL is now accepting submissions for its upcoming issues – Volume 8(1) and 8(2).
Continuing with the past tradition, Volume 8(1) will be a general issue dealing with a host of legal issues in the field of International Economic Law.
Volume 8(2) will be a special issue on the theme of “Implications of the Trans-Pacific Partnership”.
IJIEL is now accepting submissions for both the issues under the following categories
1. Articles (5000 to 12000 words) must deal with a theme of interest or importance comprehensively and are expected to show an extensive coverage of existing literature and a high level of analysis.
2. Essays for the Law in Focus section (3000 to 5000 words) must concisely analyse contemporary legislations, landmark treaties or other specific issues in international economic law of a contemporary nature.
3. Case Notes, Legislative Comments and Book/Article Reviews (2000 to 7000 words).
1. All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information and an abstract of not more than 200 words.
2. Co-authorship (Not more than 2 authors per piece) is permitted.
3. Submissions are preferred in Times New Roman font, double-spaced. Main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10. References and citations must be in the form of footnotes (not endnotes) and must follow OSCOLA (4th edition) system of citation.
4. All contributions submitted to the Journal should be original.
5. Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscript to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication.
6. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
7. The IJIEL only accepts electronic submissions which may be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘IJIEL Vol. 8(1)/Volume 8(2) Submission’.
8. All submissions should be made in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx) and clearly indicate which category they are intended for.
The Journal follows a rolling submissions policy and the deadline for the forthcoming volume is 25th March, 2016.
The submissions received after this date shall be considered for the next volume.
The submissions must relate to any of the broad themes mentioned above or any other aspect of International Economic Law, with a focus on developing country perspective.
Chief Editor: Shimal Kapoor
Convenor: Lavanya ChawlaRead More