The Journal Committee of Institute of Law, Nirma University hereby invites articles/ research papers, case studies, and book reviews on law and allied areas for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal (December 2016 Issue) bearing ISSN Number 2249-1430.
It can be an inter-disciplinary study reflecting socio-economic and political ideas or contemporary issues. The journal is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed ISSN serial publication from, Institute of Law, Nirma University. It showcases contemporary issues and challenges specific to law, with an inter-disciplinary approach towards assimilating knowledge.
It is an endeavor of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across the academia and research fraternity. The Journal is indexed by Manupatra and SCC Online.
1. Word Limit: Submissions should not exceed Research papers (5,000-6,000 words), Short notes (2000-3000 words), Book reviews (1000-2000 words), and Case studies/commentaries (1000-3000 words). However, looking at the quality and depth of research, relaxation may be given and word limit may vary.
2. Entries from all aspects of law whether direct or applied are welcome.
3. Background of writers: We are a peer reviewed Journal. Hence entries from students pursuing Bachelors or Masters Course in law and any other allied discipline of Social Science would be accepted.
4. Authorship: Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
5. Citation Style: The Blue-book Uniform System of Citation (19th edition) shall be strictly adhered to.
6. Format of Main Text & the Footnotes: The Times New Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, the footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 and 1.0 shall be followed respectively.
Submission Procedure and Deadline
Mode of Submission: Entries are to be sent at [email protected]
Deadline: 30th November, 2016 (11:59 pm).
Those entries that do not make it to the present issue of Journal may be considered for the next issue (subject to intimation by the NULJ Team).
The following table summarizes the deadlines to be complied with when submitting the papers for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal:
Date and Time
30th November 2016 (11:59 pm): Submission of full paper
01st to 19th December 2016: Peer Review
20th to 25th December 2016: Communication regarding the acceptance to the authors
Last week of January 2017: Release of the Journal
For any further queries, kindly contact us on the following number or email ID:
1. Vasundhara Kanoria (+91 94214 83027) [email protected]
2. Sparsh Upadhyay (+91 78200 30880) [email protected]