First published on October 20.
Themes & Sub Themes
Reforming the Criminal Justice System
Adversarial & Inquisitorial Model
Right to Silence
Rights of the Accused
Presumption of Innocence and Burden of Proof
Justice to victims
Crime & Punishment
Non custodial Sentences
White Collar Crimes
Terrorism & Economic Crimes
Police & Prosecution
Modern methods of Crime Investigation
Need for a New Police Act
Investigation in Cyber Crimes
Guidelines for Investigators
Investigator – Prosecutor relationships – Differing International Models
Maintaining Ethical Standards: Requirements for Investigators and Prosecutors
Role of Prosecutor at Sentencing
Sub-themes are suggestive. The researchers are free to take any topic which is coherent to the main themes.
Call for Papers
Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from academicians, research scholars and students are invited for presentation in the International Conference. The abstract should be submitted along with the duly filed Registration Form and Fee. There shall be an award for best paper under each of the themes.
Registration fee is payable by each of the authors of the papers individually and separately in cash or DD, as per due dates.
Demand draft to be in favour of “GALGOTIAS UNIVERSITY” payable at New Delhi. Please ensure that you mention the demand draft number in the application form and your name and mobile number at the back of Demand draft.
The envelope containing Registration form and DD should have the subject as International Conference on Administration of Criminal Law in India: Emerging Issues & Challenges and shall be addressed to:
Dr. Kiran Rai, Dean, School of Law, Galgotias University, Plot No.2, Sector 17-A, Yamuna Expressway, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308, India
1. Teachers/Academician/ Research Scholars /Govt. Officials/Advocates/NGOs/INGOs Officials from India: Rs. 2000
2. Students pursuing 5 year/3 year Law Degree and LLM program (Indian Citizen): Rs. 1500
3. Teachers/Academician/Govt. Officials/Advocates/NGOs/INGOs Officials from outside India: $ 250
4. Research Scholars/ Post Graduate/LL.B./Intergrated LL.B./S.J.D./J/D Students from outside India: $ 200
Registration Fee Waivers for International Scholars are available. Please indicate your interest for a registration fee waiver when submitting your abstract.
Fee for Registration after the due date or On the spot Registration –
1. Teachers/Academician/ Research Scholars /Govt. Officials/Advocates/NGOs/INGOs Officials from India: Rs. 2500
2. Students pursuing 5 year / 3 year Law Degree and LLM program (Indian Citizen): Rs.2000
1. Last date for Abstract Submission: 15th November, 2016 [EXTENDED]
2. Last date for Registration [Submission of Registration Form and remittance of Registration Fee]: 18th November, 2016 [EXTENDED]
3. Submission of Final Paper: 22nd November, 2016
4. Conference Date: 26th November, 2016
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
• Abstract submission via email to: [email protected]
• Title of the paper, Name of the author, University/Institution/Organization, Email Address, Mobile Number etc. to be stated clearly on the cover page of the abstract.
• The abstracts should not exceed 200-300 words, and should contain the basic outlines of the central argument(s) of the paper.
• Microsoft Word Document Format only.
• The Editorial Committee of the Conference will review the abstracts.
• Notifications of acceptance status will be sent by email.
Guidelines for Paper Submissions
• Full paper submission via email to: [email protected]
• Cover Page: Authors shall mention their names, contact details and affiliations on the cover page of the manuscript.
• English: British spellings and punctuation conventions.
• Font Size and Style: Times New Roman, 12 point, for the main text and 10 point for footnotes.
• Headings: The headings should be used as per the following style:
o First heading: 12 pt, bold, centre
o Second heading: 12 pt, bold, left-aligned
o Third heading: 12 pt, italics, left-aligned
• Length: Articles should generally be between 8,000 and 10,000 words (including footnotes.)
• Line Spacing: The line spacing of main text of paper should be 1.5.
• References: Footnotes should be used and not end notes.
o Citation Style : Blue Book 19th edition
• Review Process: The Editorial Board will review all papers.