It is a pleasure to invite you to participate in the 40th All-India Sociological Conference (AISC) of Indian Sociological Society being hosted by the Department of Sociology, Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi, U.P. on the theme Development, Diversity & Democracy from November 29-30 and December 01, 2014.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
The main theme of the conference is Development, Diversity & Democracy. The subthemes of the conference are as follows :
1. Development : Concept and Discourse
2. Development : Dilemmas, Challenges and Action
3. Diversity : Conceptual Analysis
4. Diversity : Constitutional Vision and Current Realities
5. Democracy : Governance and Society
6. Democracy : Democracy as Inclusion
7. Development of Uttar Pradesh : Challenges and Solutions
Call For Papers
The conference invites research papers both in English and Hindi to be presented through Research Committees (RCs) of Indian Sociological Society.
Papers to be presented in RCs have to be prepared keeping in view the central theme of the conference. The titles of 24 Research Committees along with names and contact details of the conveners are given HERE.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER WRITERS
The conference invites original articles with following guidelines:
1. Two copies of the abstract of the paper in not more than 200 words should be submitted to the concerned RC Conveners or Ad-hoc Groups preferably by e-mail in Abstract Form latest by October 10, 2014.
2. Each abstract should carry the ISS Membership number of the participant and the Name and Number of the RC to which it is being submitted. The ISS members (Life/ordinary/Student) who have paid the RC membership fee (Rs 400/- for two years and Rs 800/-for 5 years) per Research Committee are entitled to present papers in the conference.
3. Acceptance of abstracts will be communicated by the respective RC conveners by October 25, 2014.
4. Tables, charts, maps, figures etc., are to be placed separately at the end of the article. Number these serially, with appropriate titles/captions.
5. Give separately the bibliographic details of all works cited in the article under Reference.
a. Referencing in the text should be as follows: (Desai, A. R 1961:84),
b. Recommended style for Bibliography is:
Appadurai, A. 1997. Modernity at Large: Cultural dimensions of globalization. New Delhi:
Oxford University Press
1. Please find the requisite conference fees HERE.
2. Request for registration should reach us in the enclosed form along with a demand draft payable at Varanasi in favour of the “ORGANIZING SECRETARY, 40TH ISS CONFERENCE”
3. Spot and local registration would be accepted only in cash.
4. Participants are requested to comply with the deadline in view of the difficulties involved in providing accommodation.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
1. Registration fee covers lodging, boarding and hospitality during the conference days. Delegates are requested to meet travel and other incidental expenses from their own resources.
2. The accommodation provided will be modest and on the sharing basis. Those who need exclusive accommodation are requested to make their own arrangements.
Prof. Ravi Prakash Pandey,
(Organizing Secretary 40th ISS Conference)
Cell Phone No.: +91-9415304344
Email Id: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the Official Brochure and Registration Form HERE.