First published on 21st October, 2015.
The Treaty Negotiation Competition is a part of the 1st KIIT National Conference on International Law.
Structure of the Competition
The format of the Competition is based on the workings of various bodies and agencies of United Nations as well as other independent organizations which cater to the treaty negotiation process in various global spheres.
A hypothetical situation with certain facts will be provided which will form the foundation of the treaty negotiation process.
On the basis of the given background, interested students will send a write-up for screening process.
The top 10 teams will be selected on the basis of their quality of their write-ups to take part in the Treaty Negotiation Competition and will be provided a detailed literature for the Competition.
The teams will then send in their written submission in the form of Framework Agreements. They will carefully consider each other’s contention in the oral rounds and will try to negotiate and reach to a consensus on all the issues.
The KIIT School of Law seeks participation of undergraduate students of recognised Law Schools all across the country for the Treaty Negotiation Competition.
1. A team will consist of 2 members and will be assigned one nation after selection from the written round.
2. The first round will be the written round. Interested teams have to send a write-up as per the given questions. Top 10 teams will be selected on the basis of the quality of the write-up and will qualify for the Competition.
3. The detailed literature will be circulated to the selected teams. They have to send in their Framework Agreement on the basis of the literature provided to them before 5th January 2016, 23:59 hours.
4. The teams will send a separate Cover Letter with their Framework Agreements incorporating details like name(s), affiliated college, full postal address, email id and contact number. The Framework Agreements should not contain any biographical references of the team members.
5. All Framework Agreements should be submitted via email to [email protected] in .doc or .docx format. The subject of the email should be “FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT FOR TREATY NEGOTIATION COMPETITION – [COUNTRY NAME]”. The name of the Paper will be the “FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT – COUNTRY NAME”.
6. Structure of the Framework Agreement will be furnished in the Conference Brochure.
Structure of the Write up
1. Title: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 18; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Center; Uppercase; Bold face
2. Body: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 12; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified; Margins – 1 inch on all sides;
3. Details of the Author(s): Names, affiliated college, email id and contact number to be furnished at the end of the write-up;
1. The School of Law will appoint a Screening Committee to select the write-ups for the Competition. The decision of the Screening Committee shall be final.
2. The proceedings of the Competition will be published in the proposed Conference Book.
3. The Conference Brochure will be released by the first week of November which will contain the other details of the Competition such as registration, accommodation etc.
Timeline of the Competition
Registration for Conference opens – 25th November 2015
Deadline for submission of write-up – 15th December 2015
Registration for Conference closes – 30th December 2015
Deadline for submission of Framework Agreement – 5th January 2016
Circulation of Framework Agreements between Nations – 6th January 2016
Inauguration of the Conference – 15th January 2016
Treaty Negotiation Competition – 17th January 2016
1. Best Team – INR 15,000 plus vouchers
2. Second Best Team – INR 10,000 plus vouchers
3. Best Framework Agreement – INR 5000 plus vouchers
For Queries: [email protected]
Nitesh Sharma, President: +91 – 9692775969
Shreyan Sengupta, Vice President: +91 – 8984536979Read More