First published on March 4, 2016
RESULTS [UPDATED ON JULY 20, 2.40 PM]
The Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, as the Organizing Committee, is pleased to announce that SIDDHANT SHARMA from College of Legal Studies, UPES, Dehradun is the winner of the Fourth RMLNLU International Legal Essay Competition (RILEC), 2016.
Mr. Siddhant Sharma will receive a cash prize of Rs. 15,000 and a Letter of Recommendation.
We are also pleased to announce SANNUTHA SHETTY from National Law University, Delhi and VIKRAM CHOUDHARY from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala as the first and second runners’ up respectively.
As first runner-up, Sannutha shall receive a cash prize of INR 10,000 along with a Certificate of Merit and Vikram as the second runner-up shall receive a cash prize of INR 5,000 and a Certificate of Merit.
We would also like to announce that the following participants have been ranked amongst the top entries by our esteemed panel of judges. They shall each be receiving a Certificate of Appreciation for their insightful contribution to the competition.
- Siddhant Sharma from University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- Sannutha Shetty from National Law University, Delhi
- Vikram Choudhary from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- Ashutosh Mishra from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala anD Biswaroop Mukherjee from University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Abhishek Kumar Tripathi from National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi.
- Jithin George Jackson from Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli and Swarnima Mukherjee from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Uditha Ghosh from Symbiosis Law School Pune
The listed participants are requested to send in their postal addresses [email protected]
The Journal Committee, RMLNLU would like to thank all the participants and Judges for making this event a grand success.
The Journal Committee at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow is pleased to announce the fourth edition of the RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC 2016).
The theme for this year’s edition is International Taxation Law. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University is one amongst the premier national law schools in India which came into being in 2006 with an aim to impart comprehensive legal education and inculcate professional dynamism and legal acumen within students.
RILEC 2016 is one such platform through which our University evinces its holistic determination towards reaching the pinnacle of legal research.
The University has successfully organized three previous editions of RILEC in the year 2013, 2014 and 2015.
As for this year’s theme, International taxation has always chiselled and affected the world community immensely and therefore the laws, treaties and commissions related to it hold a major importance in this globalized world.
Tax avoidance by multinational corporations as well as by individuals has become a common phenomenon and continuous efforts are being made to curb this menace with an aim to inform public opinion in the field of tax law through academic scholarship.
The sub-themes for this year’s edition of RILEC are as under:
E-Commerce in International Taxation- Issues and Challenges.
Source based and Residence based Taxation- Bridging the hiatus.
Role of Supranational Organization in shaping and transforming International Taxation.
Addressing the challenges of BEPS in wake of paradigm shift in global taxation environment.
Participants are requested to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
Word limit for the Competition
4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
a. Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman | 12
b. Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
c. Line spacing: 1.5
Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the essay.
The file names must consist only of the authors’ names.
Students pursuing a 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year integrated LL.B. course, in India and equivalent Undergraduate law degree, abroad.
Students pursuing LL.M. or Ph.D.; and/or Professionals are barred from participating in the Competition.
1) The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
2) Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
1) Co-authorship of entries is strictly not allowed.
2) Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
3) A participant may submit an entry related to ONE subtheme ONLY.
One shall not juxtapose sub themes in an entry.
The last date for the submission of soft copies is 10th April, 2016.
Winner – INR 15,000 and a ‘Letter of Recommendation’ from the Honorary Head of the Executive Panel of Judges.
First Runner up – INR 10,000
Second Runner up – INR 5,000
‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for the top 10 entries which get shortlisted.
Send submissions to [email protected]
Send queries to [email protected]
NOTE: No prior registration is required.
Raghvendra Pratap Singh (+91)-9918007079
Deepti Bajpai (+91)-9838278261
Raj Shekhar (+91)-8933870934Read More