The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences is hosting the Second NUJS Environmental Law Essay Competition 2014-15.
This is an initiative by the Society for Environmental Awareness and Activism (SEAA) in order to create a common platform for learning and creating environmental awareness in order to exchange ideas for conserving our depleting ecosystem.
The details of the same are as follows:
Environmental Law and Human Rights
1st Prize: Rs. 8,000
2nd Prize: Rs. 4,500
3rd Prize: Rs. 2,500
The winning articles get a chance to be published in the Journal of Indian Law & Society
Guidelines for Submission:
1. Co-authorship of 2 people (max.) is allowed.
2. All submissions have to be made in MS Word format with Font size 12 and 1.5 line space.
3. Citation style to be followed is Oscola.
4. Students enrolled in 3 year or 5 year integrated undergraduate course would be eligible for NUJS Environmental Law Competition.
5. The final essay can range from 5000 (min.) to 7000 (max.) words.
6. The final essay would be judged on the basis of lucidity and structure of the essay, relevance to the theme, the research questions raised in the essay, the analysis or the author’s own views/opinions and finally probable solutions to the existing problems (if any).
7. The decision of the three-judge panel will be final.
Final Submission of the essay: 3rd January 2015
Announcement of Result: Last week of March 2015
We invite all students pursuing their undergraduate course L.L.B. in either 3 year or 5 year programs to participate in this Environmental Law Essay Competition 2013 organised by SEAA, NUJS, Kolkata.
The Final Essay should be sent to email@example.com by 3rd January 2015
For queries, please contact:
Aishwarya Giridhar (+91-9748571875)
Anamika Gode (+91-9674390308)
Muqeet Drabu (+91-9674013375)
Mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org