GNLU Gandhinagar is organising 2nd edition of the GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts on the theme “Comparing and identifying the trends in various International Contract Laws and probing the critical issues for multinational contracting parties”.
The essay competition this year aims to provide a platform for the students of law to express their views on various aspects and trends of International Contract Laws across the world so that the students are encouraged to provide a comparative view on these current trends and also identify the critical issues facing the international transactions or more importantly between multinational contracting parties.
The sub-themes of the competition further ensure to provide global relevance and encourage the participants to analyze and convey their thoughts and probable solutions on the given topics.
1. The UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts and its role in multinational contracting
2. Standard Forms of Contracts, its adaptation across the world and the International Transactions
3. Distinctions between Civil and Common Law with respect to Contract Laws across the globe
4. Reasonableness of a Contract: An overview in various countries of the world
5. Issues pertaining to International Transactions and the role of multinational entities
6. Problems of International Trade / Transaction of Goods / Services: Remedies to the issues pertaining to cross border transactions
7. Role of the United Nations and other international regulatory bodies in cross border transactions
8. Protection of interest / rights of the multinational contracting parties: The role of UNCISG / UNCITRAL
9. Formation and Enforcement of Trade Contracts and its Problems in the light of International Trade
10. International Commercial Contracts and Protection of the Interests of Multinational Contracting Parties
11. Jurisdictional issues in International Transactions, The Contract Law and the rights of contracting parties
Deadline for submission
The essays must be submitted in soft copy and sent by email to [email protected] with the subject line ‘2nd GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts’ on or before 10th August 2015.
Declaration of Result
The winners will be notified by email and on the GNLU website on 1st September 2015.
1st Prize: Rs. 7,000/-
2nd Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
3rd Prize: Rs. 3,000/-